TITLE REVEAL

11:56


~*~TITLE REVEAL~*~

The Gravity of Us
By: Brittainy C. Cherry, Coming Spring 2017
Final Book in The Elements Series-Based on Earth
Hero & Heroine: Lucy & Graham


~*~Excerpt~*~

"Do you want to be my friend?" she asked, a smile against her lips. 

"Friends?" I huffed. "With you? Don't be ridiculous, Lucille." I could never imagine having a friend as wild and reckless as she always appeared to be. Lucy had a way of ruining every calm moment by simply being herself.

Lucy's eyes widened along with her smile. "No offense, Graham Cracker, but I wasn't talking to you." 

"Then who were you speaking to?" I barked. We were the only ones around. I hadn't known why I felt so annoyed with her, or why I was snappy, but Lucy had that affect on me--she made me livid by her mere existence. 

She crossed by me, and picked up a turtle that crawled out from the creek. "I was talking to him."

If it were any other person in the world, I would've thought they were lying, but not Lucy. If there was anyone who would befriend a turtle, it would be her. She started speaking to the turtle as if they were the best of friends, and I couldn't break my stare away.

I'd be lying if I said her weird quirks weren't sometimes kind of beautiful. 

"But you can be my friend too, Graham, if you want," she offered, looking up from the turtle and into my eyes. I hated when she looked into my eyes because she always stared as if she saw a part of me that I had yet to even discover. 

She was such a odd character, a freak of nature. She was clumsy, and always spoke out of turn. Her hair was always wild, and her laughter was annoyingly too loud. Everything about her was disastrous. She was nothing more than a mess. 

I didn't want to be her friend, even though sometimes I wanted to be just like her. I wanted to be an odd character, a freak of nature. I wanted to stumble and laugh out loud. I wanted to find her beautiful disaster and mix it together with my own. I wanted the freedom that she swam in, and her fearlessness of living in the moment. 

I wanted to know what it meant to be a part of her world. I wanted to hold her, but still have her move freely in my arms. I wanted to taste her lips, and breathe in a part of her soul as I gave her a glimpse of mine.

I didn't want to be her friend--no.
I wanted to be so much more.

Nenhum comentário:

Tecnologia do Blogger.